Here is an update on recent activity at the Supreme Court in cases decided by the Federal Circuit.
- Four new waivers of right to respond were filed with the Court.
- The Court denied the petitions for writ of certiorari in three cases.
Here are the details.
There is no new activity to report.
Waivers of Right to Respond
Four new waivers of right to respond were filed with the Court in the following cases:
- Both adidas and Nike filed waivers of right to respond in Akeva L.L.C. v. Nike, Inc.
- The United States filed a waiver of its right to respond in Swartzlander v. United States
- The United States also filed a waiver of its right to respond in Langan v. United States
The Supreme Court denied three petitions for writ of certiorari in the following cases:
- Keel v. Wilkie (pro se)
- Idenix Pharmaceuticals LLC v. Gilead Sciences, Inc. (enablement requirements)
- Bozeman Financial LLC v. Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta (post-issuance patent review under the AIA)